The holidays are a time of celebration, reflection and giving thanks for our many blessings. This is also the time of year we sometimes scramble to find the right gifts for people who already seem to have it all. Why not give the type of gift that keeps on giving?
Continue your tradition of generosity to Africa Bridge by giving in someone’s name, honoring the recipient in a uniquely lasting way this holiday season. By donating to Africa Bridge, your gift will help support three villages in the Kambasegela Ward of the Rungwe District, located in the rural southern highlands of Tanzania. This is the poorest and most vulnerable ward Africa Bridge has worked with to date – it’s our biggest challenge and need!
Kambasegela Ward is comprised of 5,600 people in three villages, including nearly 1,500 vulnerable children, and most people live on less than one dollar per day. 99 percent of households in Kambasegela Ward rely upon subsistence farming to earn meager incomes. The area has one of the highest rates in the world for HIV/AIDS infection, yet suffers for limited access to health care. The need is great, but so is the potential for change. With your help, Africa Bridge has already created a brighter future for 34 villages and more than 7,000 children, and together we can improve lives in Kambasegela Ward as well.
If you would like to give a contribution – on your behalf or in honor someone else – this holiday season, below are some specific ways your gift giving will help us reach more vulnerable families in Tanzania:
- For $1000, you can buy a cow and a bull for the dairy co-op to give more families access to nutritious milk, rich fertilizer from manure, and new income opportunities.
- For $500, you can buy a cow for the dairy co-op, providing more families with access to nutritious milk, rich fertilizer from manure, and new income opportunities.
- For $250, you can supply 5 vulnerable kids with school uniforms, workbooks and shoes, supporting their education for a year.
- For $100, you can provide 25 vulnerable kids with more time to play by sending them to quarterly Children’s Club meetings for a year.
- For $50, you can provide veterinary care to help keep livestock cooperatives healthy and productive.
This holiday season, present someone with the gift of giving. When you send a contribution in honor of someone to Africa Bridge, the recipient will have a long-lasting impact on the lives of vulnerable children, their guardians, and entire communities. Who knows, this gift might inspire others to start a new tradition of giving!
Executive Director of Africa Bridge
P.S. We had some technical difficulties with our website earlier this month but all is well now. Sorry if this caused any inconvenience to you. Thanks for your understanding.